Latest Posts

Lancôme Rouge In Love Review - Bright Fushia

By 00:28 , ,

Emma Watson can make anything look fabulous! Fronting Lancome latest lipstick collection, Rouge in Love the shades are beautiful. Lancome Malaysia held a bloggers party last Saturday which I had to sadly turn down as I was having loads of fun under the sun, you have to wait until next week to know what went on under the sun though. It's an exciting one. *winks*

Back to the lippies.. The Rouge In Love collection fronted by Emma Watson features 27 lust-worthy lippies. To make it easier for you to pick the type of shade you want, it is categorised into three moods which ranges from natural nudes to super brights. 'Jolis Matin' which means 'Pretty Morning' are fresh shades for daytime wear, 'Boudoir Time' are punchy pop shades for cocktail hour and 'Tonight Is My Night' are intense sophisticated shades for magical nights. Not that you have to wear it at that particular time but it just looks that much better. Each category consists of nine colours. However the one thing different about the ones we get here compared to US and Europe is , the formula is suited to the Asian market making the texture slightly different. The colours are less pigemented. Personally I wouldn't mind if it were colour packed, I love bold lips. Then again, I love colours. It is suppose to last up to 6 hours.



Despite me not attending, Traclyn was kind enough to collect for me the lippie I'm suppose to review from this collection. Now you get to see how Bright Fushia (375B) looks like on a medium toned me. This is also the shade that Emma Watson is wearing in the promo shots done for lancome. *yayy* Just less punchy due to the formulation.



I love love the new packaging. The sleek metal tube makes it look so chic and cool! The texture is light making it appear sheer when applied from the tube with just one layer. Though it does glide so smoothly on the lips like melting butter on a hot pan. It feels rather moisturising too. It is possible to make the colour more intense. All you have to do is apply it with a lip brush. I used a lip brush in the photo below and it turned out really nice with a lovely sheen finish. I think this colour looks brilliant.





Featuring Lancome Hypnose Doll Eyes Mascara


Oddly enough Irene, Lancome's Colour Design Artist chose the same shade for me when I visited the Lancome roadshow last week. She applied it with a lip brush and the colour popped. So which means for a more visible colour use a lip brush and if you like it sheer just wear it from the tube.




You know when I said it's rather moisturising, well I noticed that feeling only lasted for about over 2 hours. After which it started to feel a tad dry. I just used a lip balm or gloss on top of it. The thing about this colour is it stains slightly. For me it's a good thing because I don't have to rush to reapply it right after lunch. The colour is still there with less intensity. Up to personal preference whether you want to reapply or slick on a clear balm or gloss. The colour stays on for about 4 hours.



The Rouge In Love collection is permanent so take your time in choosing shades you fancy. It retails at RM75 (4.2ml/3.90g) which is cheaper then Lancome's other lippies. Love your lips! *kiss kiss*

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. your lip shape is so nice hahaha! Mine looks strange if I 'kiss' a tissue paper

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol!! It is? I've been told that its small therefore not sexy. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank's for the great blog.

    Im hosting a makeup giveaway this week which includes a Lancome Nail Varnish amoungst other makeup goodies.

    Check it out :

    http://itsmefleur.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Appreciate your comments >_<